American Express Rewards
You can use Membership Rewards® Pay with Points to book travel at the American Express Travel website.
The Membership Rewards program and travel offer a great way to redeem points.
Amex EveryDay® Credit Card
Earn 10,000 Membership Rewards® points after you use your new Card to make $1,000 in purchases in your first 3 months.Annual Fee
No annual fee
Premier Rewards Gold Card from American Express
Earn 50,000 Points after you spend $2,000 on purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months.
$0 intro annual fee for the first year of Card Membership, then $195.
The Platinum Card® from American Express
Earn 60,000 Membership Rewards® Points after you use your new Card to make $5,000 in purchases in your first 3 months.
Annual fee of $ 550.
American Express® Green Card
Earn 25,000 Points after you spend $1,000 on purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months.
$0 intro annual fee for the first year of Card Membership, then $95.
Amex EveryDay® Preferred Credit Card
Earn 30,000 Points after you spend $2,000 on purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months.
Annual Membership Fee of $95
Rewards cards come in the form of credit and charge cards and offer consumers extra value for their purchases.
Rewards include cash rebates, merchandise, airline tickets, hotel stays, and gasoline and gift cards. The way rewards are earned and redeemed varies by product.
- General rewards cards usually earn one or more points for every dollar of purchases. The points may be redeemable for gift cards, electronics, travel, cash and more.
- Cash-back cards allow consumers to earn cash rewards for making purchases. The cash reward, typically a percentage of purchases, may be applied to a balance(if there is one)or to
future purchases with select retailers. Alternatively, the cash reward may be sent to the cardholder in check form.
- Airline mile / frequent-flier cards allow consumers to earn frequency program points for dollars charged. Points can be redeemed for rewards such as airline tickets and airline upgrades, hotel rooms and car rentals.
- Hotel or travel cards allow consumers to earn points toward free nights and/or room upgrades at a particular hotel chain, and sometimes toward airline tickets and rental cars, too.
- Retail or category rewards cards earn points for products or services bought from a specific retailer, such as a department store, gas station, home improvement store or bookstore, or a category of retail spending such as gasoline or grocery. Some retail rewards cards also offer discounts and invitations to special events.
Refer to your cardholder’s agreements for information on rewards programs for the credit cards you carry.
American Express Credit Cards & Articles
American Express Credit Cards | Blue Cash | American Express Platinum | Costco True Earnings | Rewards |
American Express Gift Cards | Credit Card Reviews | Clear Credit Card | Special Perks | Business Credit Cards | BlueSky | Credit Card Services
Disclaimer: This content is not provided or commissioned by American Express. Opinions expressed here are author’s alone, not those of American Express, and have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by American Express. This site may be compensated through American Express Affiliate Program.